School Closures / Schedule Changes
When there is inclement weather or an emergency, MCS follows the Monroe Public School decision regarding the schedule changes and/or school closures. Below are your resources to determine the status for a particular day:
1. Tune in to KING-5 or KIRO-7 TV, or log on to one of their websites: www.king5.com or www.kirotv.com.
2. Call Monroe School District at (360) 804-2950. This line provides a message with the current status.
3. Log on to www.schoolreport.org — Click on School Districts, then Monroe SD, and it shows the latest schedule-change posting.
4. If it is known ahead of time that school will be closed the following day, an announcement will be sent out via email and family boxes.
5. If there is a 2-hour late start due to weather, there will be no Preschool/Pre-K that day.